Search

Saturday, December 15, 2012

BOOK REVIEW:The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

Summary:
"What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?
Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander.
In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over.
But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction"-Goodreads
Rate: 5 out of 5
My thoughts:
Imagine me, walking through Barnes and Nobles trying to deside which book to pick. Trying to deside between 2 hardcovered books! But I only have 34 dollars on me. so I could only pick one of the hard coved books! But I still had enought for a paperback, right? Now, you'd think I'd take my marry time trying to deside which paperback book I want, right? WRONG!
My impatient mother, who was waiting in the parked car outside, kept calling me and telling me to hurry up. So what did i do? I picked up the first pretty paperback I saw, and sprinted to the register. SOOOO, I didnt have vary high hopes for this book.
Have I ever been in love with a fictional character? Uhhhhh....HECK-TO-THE-YES! I always end up loveing at least one character in each book. If the book is good, that is!
I haven't come across anything like this. Such a refreshing read. Yes its about Vampires and yes there's so many vampires around now .......BUT, I think there is always room for one more and this is it!The beautiful scenes between Amy and Alexander are so captivating and gripping. It will leave you swooning for days. I love their relationship, and Allison has written it so well.
I really enjoyed that I was on my toes the whole entire time, wanting to know when Vigo’s next victim would come, and who they would be. Especially when he started threatening Amy, and her family and friends. It was interesting watching the development between all the characters. I really also enjoyed how the police reacted to the, “vampire murders” and how they were willing to accept the impossible. I don’t think that would happen in real life. But I also really enjoyed that they were willing to work with Amy on how to defeat him.
The ending was interesting as well. I don’t want to spoil it but I really hope that there will be a second or third book to this novel. But I haven’t heard anything about it. I also really enjoyed that I was on my toes the whole entire time wanting to know when Vigo’s next victim would come and who they would be especially when he started threatening Amy and her family and friends. It was interesting watching the development between all the characters. I really also enjoyed how the police reacted to the “vampire murders” and how they were willing to accept the impossible. I don’t think that would happen in real life. But I also really enjoyed that they were willing to work with Amy on how to defeat him.
The ending was interesting as well. I don’t want to spoil it but I really hope that there will a second or third book to this novel. But I haven’t heard anything about it. AND....The cover is really interesting!
Quote:
“You shouldn't have told them you were my fiance."
"I thought if I were your fiance, they would let me see you immediately."
"It just made you sound weird. Nobody my age gets married.”
― Allison van Diepen, The Vampire Stalker
“being bitten by a vampire is not sexy”
― Allison van Diepen, The Vampire Stalker
“I must do whatever I can to find the best partners possible."
"Did you kick their butts?"
He frowned. "The buttocks are among the least sensitive places to hit someone."
I laughed. "It's a figure of speech."
"To kick butts. Interesting.”
― Allison van Diepen, The Vampire Stalker

No comments:

Post a Comment