Search

Saturday, December 15, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy #1) by J.A. London

Summary:
"Only sunlight can save us.
We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.
After the death of my parents, it's up to me--as the newest delegate for humanity--to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine . . . or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.
Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever."-Goodreads
Rate: 5 out of 5 stars
My Thoughts:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! When I first saw the book cover, I was like, "That looks alot like the Fallen Series cover!". So, I thought they was gonna be about the same thing. Angels, and boarding schools, and blah blah BLAHH! Well.....once again, i was wrong! This is vampires, inside-out!
Now I know what your thinking! "Not another Vampire book" or "Uggghhhhhh, her comes another Twilight book. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" . But I honestly liked this book. Keep in mind that I also like the twilight series, so unless you like switching up the original vampire (Dracula), this book is not for you!
Anyway, I just loved the concept of Darkness Before Dawn! Vampires + Dystopian world clearly seems to be equaling a brilliant idea. All the characters play an important role in the story as well. Tegan, Dawn’s best friend, is very important throughout the book, and thankfully, wasn’t the annoying secondary female lead like some authors usually write them out to be, although she did have her moments! Lord Valentine plays a fierce and frightening villain and I love how he’s an old-style vampire, with rules and etiquette.
There were a lot of surprises and “hold your breath” moments in this book, and I loved it! i was totally diving into the world that L.A London created! The ending, not quite a cliffhanger, definitely left me wanting more. MORE MORE!! I knew how it was going to end, like, halfway through the book, but getting there was an amazing rollar-coaster ride! I just loved it, and I can't wait until book 2, "BLOOD-KISSED SKY", comes out!
Quotes:
“I like you, Dawn. I've seen a lot of humans, from far away and up close. I've never met one like you. I think you're the closest thing to a sunrise I'll ever see.”
― J.A. London, Darkness Before Dawn
“In four hundred years, I’ve never dreamed. Vampires don’t. But after I saved you on the trol ey that night, you invaded my sleep. In my dreams, we’re the same. We can touch, kiss, love. And every dream ends with us … being together forever.”
― J.A. London, Darkness Before Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment