Search

Thursday, December 27, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) by Pittacus Lore





 
Summary:
"Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books - but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. We have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
 And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next"

                                                      Rate: 5 out of 5 starts!

My thoughts:
    I'm positive that most people have read or at least seen the movie of I AM NUMBER FOUR!  I'm a read-book-see-movie type person. I have to read the book first THEN see the movie.  
    This book absolutly blew my mind! I got this book and expected it to be "Just another alian book".But i was dead wrong. The idea of I AM NUBER FOUR is unique and interesting. Even the cover is awsome!!
                                                         "Three are dead.....I am number four"
    The whole consept of aliens roaming around gives me the chills! I mean, who doesnt enjoy thinking about alians, living out there, way beyond our years? Where people have super powers, and magical objects. With a flick of a wrist, you can send someone flying across a whole country! After reading this book, i was constintlly wishing i had super powers. Even if i was being chased by another alien race that wanted to kill me....!
    I really really wished these characters were real. John Smith (aka Number four) is a teenage boy, who ends up falling in love with a girl.  he seems like a normal teen guy.....until he develops his legacies (powers)! After that, it's  pure power-hot teenage boy-alien attack-awsomness!!
   For some reason, Sarah was just so annoying to me. I didn't like her character at all. While reading this book, i just kept thinking, "Sarah, you just cause more problems! Go away! GRRRRR!" I couldnt help but think that, since she wasn't a Lorien so she couldn't end up with john! Then again, alot of people really liked her character.
    Now dont get me wrong! Just cause I don't like sarah, doesnt mean i hated this book. I really loved it! i eventually got a little used to the idea that sarah and john liked each other, and there was nothing i could do.
    Bernie Kosar, Sam, and Henry where also great characters, and I loved how they all come together in the end! (not gonna spoil the ending!)

Quotes:

“No. Don't give up hope just yet. It's the last thing to go. When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.”
― Pittacus Lore, I Am Number Four

“I'm so sorry, Henri," I whisper in his ear. I close my eyes. "I love you. I wouldn't have missed a second of it, either. Not for anything," I whisper. "I'm going to take you back yet. Somehow I am going to get you back to Lorien. We always joked about it but you were my father, the best father I could have ever asked for. I'll never forget you, not for a minute for as long as I live. I love you, Henri. I always did.”
― Pittacus Lore, I Am Number Four

“Red Bull is for pussies!”
― Pittacus Lore, I Am Number Four

“He who doesn't understand history is doomed to repeat it.”
― Pittacus Lore, I Am Number Four



No comments:

Post a Comment