Search

Monday, December 31, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Breathe by Sarah Crossan


Summary:
Inhale. Exhale.
Breathe.
Breathe.
Breathe . . .
The world is dead.
The survivors live under the protection of Breathe, the corporation that found a way to manufacture oxygen–rich air.

Alina
has been stealing for a long time. She's a little jittery, but not terrified. All she knows is that she's never been caught before. If she's careful, it'll be easy. If she's careful.

Quinn
should be worried about Alina and a bit afraid for himself, too, but even though this is dangerous, it's also the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. It isn't every day that the girl of your dreams asks you to rescue her.

Bea
wants to tell him that none of this is fair; they'd planned a trip together, the two of them, and she'd hoped he'd discover her out here, not another girl.

And as they walk into the Outlands with two days' worth of oxygen in their tanks, everything they believe will be shattered. Will they be able to make it back? Will they want to?

Rate: 2.5 out of 5 stars

My thoughts:
    I'm a little stuck with this one, so I'll keep this short. I was really looking forward to this book, but I was kinda disappointed. This book is good, for the most part, but it feels like it's one of those books, that you forget about, after you finish reading it. The concept and story where interesting and well written, but I found the character really annoying, alot of the time.
    Bea and Quinn have been BFF's forever, and Bea is in love with him. And like most stories, Quinn is clueless about her love toward him, yet it's pretty obvious. Quinn, who I found really annoying, is your typical  oblivious rich boy. I found him to be really whiney. I don't know why, I just did... A whiney person isn't very attractive in my eyes, so I had a  pretty hard time trying to think of him as "HOT" like most male protagonists. It was actually a real downer!
     It seems to me that Alina was always mad and selfish. Now, not everyone is perfect, but I just didn't care for her character much. Sorry. 
    Dea was actually a little different. I kinda like her character. She was smart & selfless & she was more compassionate. The small part that I found a little annoying, was that she loved Quinn. Now, let me explain! It's alright to have a crush on some guy (or girl), but the person she loved was suppose to be her best friend, yet he didn't even know her friggen eye color. They've known each other for years and years, yet he looked her in the eyes, and didn't even know her eye color. Like...WHAT? I really thought that was a stupid moment for both of them.
    So, basically this book is one of those books that I will probably never think of again, or probably not put on my FAVORITE'S list. The wasn't a "NO WAY!" moment in this book, or a moment where I was gasping at the turn of events. This book was actually quite predictable. As much as I didn't like this book, I really liked the whole idea of the book. I  most likely WILL read the next book, just to see if it gets any better, and cause I almost always finish a series, but I highly doubt that. Either way, it will be interesting to see how it all pans outs in the end.

Quotes:

“I allow myself to be right here, in the moment, savouring the peace. All the millions and millions of stars remind me, too, how small and fragile I am. And unimportant, really. If this branch were to creak and moan and break under my weight, and I were to plummet to the ground, the stars in the sky would continue to decorate the world. And even if the last tree disappears from our planet, the stars will still be up there.”
― Sarah Crossan, Breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment