Search

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Breathless (Elemental #2.5) by Brigid Kremmerer




Too many secrets. Not enough time.
Nick Merrick is supposed to be the level-headed one. The peacemaker. Since it’s just him and his three hotheaded brothers against the world, that’s a survival tactic.
But now he’s got problems even his brothers can’t help him survive.
His so-called girlfriend, Quinn, is going quick as mercury from daring to crazy. Meanwhile, Quinn’s dancer friend Adam is throwing Nick off balance, forcing him to recognize a truth he’d rather shove back into the dark.
He can feel it—-the atmosphere is sizzling. Danger is on the way. But whatever happens next, Nick is starting to find out that sometimes nothing you do can keep the peace
An was provided by NetGalley for Review
 
Rate: 5 out of 5 stars
 
My Thoughts:
     Who doesn't love a book about four hot brothers, with the ability to control the elements. I certainly do! I could go on and on about how how I love this series, but considering the fact that this book was only 65 pages, I wanna keep the review short, as well.
     We learn more about Nick, who can control air, and Quinn, his "girlfriend". You don't really know much about both of them in the other books. You learn very little in the first two books, since the first one is about Chris, and the second one is in Gabriel's point of view.
   This book is in both Nick an Quinn's alternating point of view. I actually didn't like Quinn very much. She had alot of drama, which isn't a bad thing. It usually adds to the story, but she was constantly playing the pity card. She was always a pity party. It got a little annoying, even if the book wasn't long. But she was really nice to Nick (except for the few parts where they get into fights, and she punches him)
     Nick has always been the stable brother. The patient, and level-headed one, out of all his brothers. In this novella, we see that Nick also struggled a whole lot. He wasn't my favorite of the Merrick brothers. That position is filled by Gabriel! But I really liked his character. in the first two books, he was basically the typical nice guy (who just happens to be able to control air). Until you learn that he has alot of problems to deal with. Some, more serious then the others. For starters, her can't decide whether he want to go away to collage or not, his "girlfriend" is having tons and tons of problems, and he is finding himself attracted to one of Quinn's dancer friends, Adam. That's right. Nick thinks he might be gay.
     Quinn has a tough family life. Her mother constantly treats her bad, her older brother, who she hates, is home from collage, and she has alot of image problems. I didn't like all the drama she caused in this novella, but I did find her kinda funny. Plus, she's the one who introduces Adam to Nick.
      I really loved this book. So much is they learned from both Nick and Quinn. There lives are so far from perfect, yet they try to keep their heads up, as much as possible. The story line was great, yet short, but no big deal. Bridgid did a great job with this novella,and I can't wait for Spirit to be out! 
     Side Note: I absolutely love Adam and Nick together!
 
Quotes:
 

 “Gabriel. Number three?"
That killed the smile. "Yeah. My twin brother. He says he doesn't care if I go away to school, but I know he does."
"Identical twin?"
"Yeah."
"Niiiiice."
Nick cut him another look, and Adam smiled. "Sorry.”
Brigid Kemmerer, Breathless
 
 
“Adam's thumb tapped against his neck. "Your heart is racing."
No kidding.
Nick turned his head away and took the ice bag. He set it on the table and had to look into his coffee mug again.
"Sorry," said Adam. "I know there's no point in pushing your buttons. You're just so adorable when you blush like that." Then he was grinning. "Or like that.”
Brigid Kemmerer, Breathless
 
 
“Adam touched his face, and Nick froze. His fingers were warm, gentle, and Nick wanted to freeze time.
Then Adam said, "I'm an idiot. I should have gotten you some ice."
And his fingers were gone, and Nick was sitting there practically breathless with wanting him back.
One touch, and he was going to pieces. He wanted to slam his forehead on this table.”
Brigid Kemmerer, Breathless
 
 
“It means my luck sucks," she said. "It was nice dating a guy who treated me like a friend instead of a blow-up doll."
"You were the one trying to unzip my pants in the truck!"
"Yeah, well, I thought you weren't interested. I didn't realize that your divining rod just pointed into a different direction."
"You're killing me," he said. But it sounded like he was smiling.”
Brigid Kemmerer, Breathless

No comments:

Post a Comment