Search

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Book Review: City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare


To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost? Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.
Rate: 5 out of 5 stars

My thoughts:
     OMG.....I can't even handle my life right now. This book was mind blowing. Definitely my favorite one in the series! Enough jibber jabber...on to the review!
     City of Glass is the third book in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. The book picks up shortly after the ending of City of ashes. Clary is on a mission to find a way to wake her mother up from the coma that she is under, and the only way is to go to Alecante, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters. There's just one problem.....Jace refuses to allow her to go, and so he, and the Lightwoods, leave without her, while accidentally taking Simon along. Clary eventually finds her way to Alicante, the City of Glass,and is thrown in the middle of the largest battle the Shadowhunters have ever had to face.
     The characters in this book really don't change much from the first two books. Clary is the same brave stubborn red haired girl that we've read about hundreds of times. Except that, I feel like she grew just a little in this book. She finally visits the place where all the shodowhunters call home, and meets a bunch of new characters. I saw most of her growth near the end of the book, when she confesses to the Clave about her power to make new runes. She starts taking lead, and helps shadowhunters and downworlders join together.
     Jace goes threw alot of changes in this book, also. Most weren't all that great. Jace starts off trying to convince Simon into telling Clary to stay in New York, instead of going to Alicante. The reason being that he fears that she will be used as a weapon, and her life could possibly be put at risk. Jace also tries to get Clary to leave home, by being a total asshole, and yelling at her, but that doesn't work. Later on in the book, Jace confesses to Clary that he will always love her, and Clary feeling the same way, sleeps with him. WAIT! I mean sleeping....as in "ZZZZZ". Not sex. They were literally sleeping, while holding hands. Don't get any ideas guys. That part was actually my favorite Clary and Jace moment. I loved it!!! Awwww!! <3 <3
     We meet a new character in this book named Sebastian, which may I mention, is a creep. In the very begging of the book, I kinda liked him. I even started thinking that Cassandra Clare was gonna make another love triangle between Sebastian, Clary and Jace, but that small idea slowly went down hill as the book progressed. I could literally FEEL the hatred rise up, as i read more and more about Sebastian. I sorta caught on with who he REALLY was around the time he and Clary went to go find Regnor Fell.
     And the thing i loved the very most in this book was ALEC AND MAGNUS! Omg....it was amazing. Alec finally comes out to everyone. And Magnus and Alec are all lovey dovey and smoochy.
     Cassandra Clare did a fantastic job with this book. I absolutely loved this book so much! Her writing style was really good, and I loved where she took the story. And the information that was revealed in this book blew my mind. I can honestly say, that Cassandra Clare is one of my favorite authors! <3

Quotes:

“There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

“I am a man" he told her, "and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

“Malachi scowled. "I don't remember the Clave inviting you into the Glass City, Magnus Bane."
"They didn't," Magnus said. "Your wards are down."
"Really?" the Consul's voice dripped sarcasm. "I hadn't noticed."
Magnus looked concerned. "That's terrible. Someone should have told you." He glanced at Luke. "Tell him the wards are down.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

“You said you were going for a walk!? What kind of walk takes six hours?"
"A long one?”
Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

“Patience, grasshopper," said Maia. "Good things come to those who wait."
"I always thought that was 'Good things come to those who do the wave,'" said Simon. "No wonder I've been so confused all my life.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment